Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a rear rack for a terra trike will fit with minor mods to some of the rack parts on the front of my Mukluk.

I had to make longer straps down to fork and bend and cut one other strap to go between rack and fork fender hole.

As it is here, I have my tent on the front rack, sleeping bag on rear and an air mattress in one pannier and will put clothes in the other.

Test ride showed I needed to bump up tire pressures just a bit, but it rides fine.

Now I need to get some miles with this set up so I can be ready for the trip this summer. The Mukluk is ready.

See ya,
Rod

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Local camping outing this august. Normally ride my other two wheeler, 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal, to this event but would be neat to see the faces on the other riders when I show up with this.

Not worried about food during the trip, will be places to stop for breaks. Still finding little bags to add, so will have a place for energy bars or whatever. Two water bottles on the fork mounts.

Longest ride so far has been a 30 mile round trip. This one will be longer one way. Will be a ride down friday, stay through saturday, ride home sunday. Start from Spivey, first stop will most likely be Attica, Ks. Then on to Sharon, and finally Hazelton. Will be plenty of good food and drinks at the event.

Actual route is still being planned. mostly back roads, dirt roads. Going to take a few car trips with a gps to see exactly what mileage will be and which route might be better.

But really need to get the miles with the extra weight of the gear to get in shape for the trip. Will have a back up plan to get home should I feel I can't do the trip twice.

But I have lots of riding to do before this event so I hope to be able to handle it.

Supposed to be great weather this coming weekend so I guess the training starts then.

Gee, never thought I would ever want to ride a bicycle this far, but with the Mukluk, I just want to go.

See ya,
Rod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts