Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Niner history
First generation Jet9
Stand in Air9 run as 27 speed and SS
Replacement Jet9
Latest One9

Have got to say love the One9 the most simple ,quiet, mostly of all light, mine stands at 18.4 lbs climbs like a billygoat. Downhill is always an experience running rigid but thats what its all about. Got to be on your game.
I use the Jet when I feel lazy, or need a recovery ride. Love that too, but seems like you are cheating. You have to go really fast and take big risks to feel the same thrill on a downhill as riding rigid.
Lets hear more One9 stories Its a great bike ,for me the cream of the crop. Never thought I would like it more than the Jet but I do.

Happy Niner owner

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
Raced the One9 for the first time last night and had a blast. No results posted yet but I did okay.

Would have done better if I hadn't missed a poorly marked turn on the first lap and dropped around 5 places. Have to agree it climbs like a billy goat, all the geared riders started changing ratios and I just steamed past them.

Only single speed rigid bike in the race... and the one bike which got the most interest both pre and post race.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I just got one, I had a Sir9 that I liked but wanted to try something lighter and snappier. Now if only I didn't have pneumonia, I could ride it. I like light bikes but can't go rigid so mines a raw hardtail, about 22lbs.
Niner history
V1.1 Rip 9 (sold)
V2 Rip 9
09 Sir9 (frame to be sold)
09 One9

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
kiwiktm I use the Jet when I feel lazy said:
But the speed is what its about is it not ?

It is the having to go real fast that I like the most, Having to make split second decisions that will hurt like hell if you get it wrong.

I just don't get why you would want a bike that feels fast when your not going real fast.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
driver bob said:
Raced the One9 for the first time last night and had a blast. No results posted yet but I did okay.

Only single speed rigid bike in the race... and the one bike which got the most interest both pre and post race.
It took the organizer 12 days to find my result...:eek: :eek:

But finally: 4th from 7 riders in my cat. Pretty happy with the result, my laps were all consistent and I'd never ridden the track before the race. Expert vet is a tough class this year, my time had me 1 second behind the winner of the expert class !!

Who says we need our "own category" to race competitively...

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
my One 9 was my intro to 29ers and for that I am pretty grateful. I have moved on/away from Niner since then as they dont offer what I am looking for but definitely thought they nailed good XC geometry

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Husky1234 said:
Can the one9 handle any sort of drops/jumps? Nothing too big.
bad idea. yes, any bike "can" handle drops to some extent but this bike, or any of Ninerbikes hardtails are just not a good idea if you want to do more aggressive riding - there are much better bikes for that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.