Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was the first of 3 to show NAKED1 of Team Sanchez around. We hit up National to Geronimo to Cochise for some slow, chunky fun. NAKED took it all in stride, he has skilz boyz !:thumbsup:

[URL=http://vimeo.com/2588282]Geronimo/Cochise 12/20 from Tisser on Vimeo.[/URL]

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
Nice. Great riding and great vid. Thanks for the stoke. Cochise rocks.

Glad the Naked one like it. El C told me he was heading that way this week.

Looking forward to the other two days. National to Holbert then GC I presume?

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
tiSS'er said:
Kinda. Wednesday will be a shuttle day at SOMO :eek:

Geronimo
Holbert
National/Mormon
Viejo

Should make for some good times :D

Friday is GC of course
Perfect!! I love climbing too, but when you can get those four downhill runs in on one day by shuttling...... I say go for it.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KRob said:
Perfect!! I love climbing too, but when you can get those four downhill runs in on one day by shuttling...... I say go for it.
I agree. This will be the first time I have ever shuttled SOMO. Since we have limited time would like to show NAKED as much as possible. I was trying to plan out routes to get all of this in, but on 40lb Highlines, it is not practical, nor enjoyable. So my dad is going to be our driver, and we will rip all the good stuff :)

Besides, GC has plenty of climbing.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Nice stuff guys. Krob is mistaken. I won't be coming down that way, unfortunately. I love those slo switchback segments. Here's a shot that Naked sent me. I'm assuming there are some dirt jumps near Somo?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Nice stuff!

Me and a couple pals were playing around on South Mountain Friday and Saturday, the weather was perfect.

For a second I thought I had seen the chap riding the blue Highline near the waterfall Saturday... but it must have been some other blue Highline, one of three HL's I saw that day.

Flies I tell you.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bikezilla said:
Nice edits. Damm techy. I'm thinking the camera must have stolen one big wack of steep and knarly from the actual experience.

Nicely rode pplz.
Yeah, unfortunately the camera does not capture what is really going on out here. The second of the three switchbacks was not even attempted by NAKED. It is steep, and very hard to just roll up to it, and drop in. Certainly a mental block. Penalty for failure here can often result in a helicopter trip. One of our best friends was just lifted out a few weeks ago :eekster:

·
Registered
13,092 Posts
El Chingon said:
Nice stuff guys. Krob is mistaken. I won't be coming down that way, unfortunately.
I knew you weren't going down (though you should), I meant you told me Naked1 was going down.

There's some vids and reports on that dirt jump area over on the AZ board. I'm not sure where they are but I don't think they're at SoMo. The "Pit" out in FV, maybe? They do look like the kind of stuff you, Wasea04, and the Team would like though, Ben.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
KRob said:
I knew you weren't going down (though you should), I meant you told me Naked1 was going down.

There's some vids and reports on that dirt jump area over on the AZ board. I'm not sure where they are but I don't think they're at SoMo. The "Pit" out in FV, maybe? They do look like the kind of stuff you, Wasea04, and the Team would like though, Ben.
Looks like it could be the NRA Pit, which from what I understand is soon to be a memory.

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
Yup...NRA pit. Did I hear GC on Friday? I missed out on GC today...

BTW, DurtGurl lost half her armor (Dianese elbow, leg) on the way up GC today, so keep a lookout...hopefully someone turned it in at the ranger stn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.