Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
New to the forums. Was referred to here by a friend. He got into the sport a couple months ago and loves it. He got a used Stinky and its fun as hell to ride. So I'm looking to get into it. I really like the Stinky. Seems like a strong bike. He got a good deal on his. I'm looking for something similar, M or L size, preferably able to find for under $1000 used. Any help or suggestions for similar bikes would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is there any other used bike sites? I'm scanning craigslist and ebay often.

PS: What does the # after 7 Point _ mean? I see there is 3,5,7, and 9.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The stinky was my first FR/DH bike, its a great bike for someone starting out, hell i still use it now.

Id vote for the stinky, you can find em cheap and they last forever, id say see if you can find a 06 or 07 stinky, they had an excellent parts build for a beginner, great quality and durable parts

The iron horse's are good, but be careful, i think the company has gone bunk (from what i read, i dont know if its been bailed out or what) so you may run into problems with frame parts etc should anything break in a crash (and you'll crash eventually!!)

Welcome to the madness!
Ride hard and have fun!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering about that. Definately wanna steer clear of that. Yeah, I'm thinking if I can find a reasonably priced stinky, I'll stick with that.

·
ready to ride
446 Posts
Welcome,

Stinky is a great bike. it was my freind's first. and probably the first hardcore mtb I had ever seen when I started riding.
All I can offer is the two sites you mentioned and the mtbr classifieds.
Keep looking youl find a good bike eventualy.

rfr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts