Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting Hold of an '07 Superlight Frame

The '07 Superlight frame seems to be taking its sweet time in terms of coming out in the UK. From the various pictures on this forum I assume that the frame is freely available in the states. I'm keen to join the santa cruz ranks so has anyone any recommendations on where to get hold of one by mail order?

Also any recommendations on the fork, I've read that a 100mm can make the head angle a bit steep. Anyone tried a longer fork?

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Geoff said:
The '07 Superlight frame seems to be taking its sweet time in terms of coming out in the UK. From the various pictures on this forum I assume that the frame is freely available in the states. I'm keen to join the santa cruz ranks so has anyone any recommendations on where to get hold of one by mail order?

Also any recommendations on the fork, I've read that a 100mm can make the head angle a bit steep. Anyone tried a longer fork?
I keep checking the online inventory with SC and the only Superlight they show continue to be the older design. They have yet to list the new designed frames on the inventory list.

mtnbikej

·
guidedbybicycles
127 Posts
same boat

It seems that all the US dealers won't ship OS because of SC's policy on sending bikes to countries that have their own dealers. That's what I found out trying to get one sent to Japan.

If you have a friend in the states who can send it on, that'd be the way to go, but I figured that it is about the same price for me to get one through SC Japan without the potential problems of dealing with shipping, and I might lose the warranty if someone in the US sends me one.

This guy: http://myworld.ebay.com/the-house-of_bikes/ had an 07 with the same bontrager gear and XO drivetrain shown on other bikes on his site for cheap, but it has gone now. Perhaps you can get one through him?

I ordered my PC orange one two weeks ago, I might have 6 more weeks to wait. It isn't easy.

Happy waiting,
N.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I might have to wait for a while after all.

The Orange SL has got to be the way to go - looks stunning. Although it's a tad heavier than the anodised - decisions, decisions .. Seems like I've got plenty of time to make them though :rolleyes:

Rgds,

Geoff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.