Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This appears to be an Arizona thing.. half the ride reports I see involve some kind of stop for drinks.

Is this just my alcoholism somehow filtering into the internet? Or are people really knocking em back?

P.S. merry Christmas. :)

G

·
DanMach86 said:
This appears to be an Arizona thing.. half the ride reports I see involve some kind of stop for drinks.

Is this just my alcoholism somehow filtering into the internet? Or are people really knocking em back?

Our DH shuttle runs usually include beer breaks, so do our moonlight rides. Oh, and if we're out building trail, then beverages are pretty much mandatory. I think the only time that our group doesn't mix the 2 is when we are pedaling uphill, then we at least wait until we get to the top before a nice cold recovery beer before dropping back downhill.

So yeah, I guess we pretty much mix drinking and riding all the time:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sure by "DH Shuttle" you don't secretly mean "Crappy new guy with XC bike" shuttle? I want beer breaks..

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Everyone in AZ is an alcoholic, even the folks who proudly announce they don't drink. Actually it's just CactusJoe: before he became everyone's enabler, we were all hardcore and disciplined. Turns out Glenlivet is more fun than wheat grass.

Actually, I have to drink a hell of a lot more than a couple swigs of fine scotch before I get "drunk" on a ride. Even high-grade jet fuel seems to burn off awfully quick once my metabolism is up and running.

After a ride is a whole other thing.

p.

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
I have never once been DRUNK on a ride. That would be irresponsible and just plain foolish. But to get BUZZED on a ride, now, that's another story altogether. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
AZ can be a strange place

DanMach86 said:

Yes and Yes. :D

Actually, I don't think the drinking while riding is as common as it may seem. I think its just an increase in the ride reports from one particular group.

Tiff

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kind of figured as much, I don't think anyone is getting plastered and trying to make it down the mountain side....

...although that does sound like a good way to spend this saturday..

·
Registered
589 Posts
CoyoteKis said:
I have never once been DRUNK on a ride. That would be irresponsible and just plain foolish. But to get BUZZED on a ride, now, that's another story altogether. :thumbsup:
If you're buzzed then you're impaired. I get night rides since theres really no one you can hurt but yourself but during the day, please remember there are other trail users out there!!! It would be a shame to hear you took out a hiker -well some of them may derserve it but thats another story.............

Tiff

·
aka Diesel
1,249 Posts
tiffanyinanthem said:
If you're buzzed then you're impaired. I get night rides since theres really no one you can hurt but yourself but during the day, please remember there are other trail users out there!!! It would be a shame to hear you took out a hiker -well some of them may derserve it but thats another story.............

Tiff
Totally agree. Gotta watch out for hikers and wildlife under any circumstance.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Very rarely does anyone in our crew get "drunk" during a ride. Not to say I haven't ridden Holbert a bit tipsy...

That being said, the Jack in Moab was purely a matter of survival...

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
The devil makes me do it.

Actually, seeing Walt's crew gleefully guzzling oil cans on a regular basis was sort of an enabler for me to bring the flask out of hiding. :thumbsup:

We should all check into a group discount at Betty Ford...

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
We like our guns and booze in this state.

And since I don't own a gun, I figure I gotta double-up on the booze. :thumbsup:

I've never ridden "drunk", but I've done plenty of rides "buzzed".

(Of course, the last time I rode "buzzed" didn't turn out so well for me...I crashed on a wet road and hamburgered my hip and elbow.)

Thx...Doug

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.