Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Wily is getting closer - santa clause maybe a little late. The final check has been sent to Brad and Spectrum is finishing up the paint.

Now the debate - build it as a Single or geared out of the box. I had him build it with der stops and both a der hanger and ss sliders.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cruzthepug said:
What color did you go with? Build it single speed, it won't take as long to build and you can ride it sooner :D .

Steve
Well it would take me longer, would have to rob parts from the Rig. Have all the stuff for gears laying around.

It will be a rootbeer/iron metallic brown with baby blue logo.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Slider adj bolt ???

I just bought a Moots 29er w/ the slider dropout (mfg by Paragon Machine works) and it has an adjustment bolt between the chainstay and seatstay which moves the slider fore and aft. My question for anyone who can answer it is this. The frame in the above post, as well as slider dropouts from Kona, Seven and some others, do not have the adjustment bolt. Do I really need it or is it just to make the slider adjust easier? It seems to me that once it is adusted to the proper length for chain tension, it's not really doing anything. Is there a difference in the design of the slider on the above bike and mine??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.