Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am 15 180lbs and 5,10. I race motocross currently.
Well I have gotten out of riding mountain bikes and wanna get back into it. I have a Haro Mirra Pro, Proflex 757, Trek 3900(I think it is). I broke the back welding mount on the 757, and completly destroyed the suspension on my Trek. I wanna get a bike that I can use for regular trail riding, and downhill riding, but not to extreme. My budget is probablly $1000. I am open for used ebay bikes to. I was looking at a Ibex which I have read are pretty good.
So what are your opinions on what to get?

Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
crf59jk said:
Hey guys I am 15 180lbs and 5,10. I race motocross currently.
Well I have gotten out of riding mountain bikes and wanna get back into it. I have a Haro Mirra Pro, Proflex 757, Trek 3900(I think it is). I broke the back welding mount on the 757, and completly destroyed the suspension on my Trek. I wanna get a bike that I can use for regular trail riding, and downhill riding, but not to extreme. My budget is probablly $1000. I am open for used ebay bikes to. I was looking at a Ibex which I have read are pretty good.
So what are your opinions on what to get?

Thanks
Sounds like you should stay away from XC bikes, as it seems like you'll break them doing downhill. Get a beefy freeride hardtail. Something that'll take a 2.5 tire and a 130mm fork and gusseted up the wazoo. Like a Fisher Bigg'ns:

http://fisherbikes.com/bikes/series.asp?series=biggns

I'm sure there are some better choices out there. This is a brand I'm familar with and I'm sure there are other great bikes out there that are similar.

GL,
-don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.