Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time I rode MTB was probably 20 years ago. I'm easing back into things and trying to do so on the cheap (mainly just riding around w/ the kids for now, but at some point I may start doing more serious trail riding). Anyway, I have a 2005 Trek 3700 I got on Craigslist and have some vintage (read: old) XT derailleurs on the way via Ebay. I was trying to find some compatible XT or LX shifter/brake combos on Ebay, but am also seeing some new 3x7 shifters on Amazon, etc. I know zilch about modern components and am not looking to break the bank or go gung-ho. So if anyone has some recs on modern 3x7 shifters in the sub-$100 range that are decent, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Industry has gone 1x for most everything. If you must keep the 3x setup, just get some shimano acera. I would honestly suggest getting some cheap friction shifters.

For 100 dollars you should be able to pickup a 10 speed shifter, derailleur, cassette and chain of used quality off craigslist.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.