Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve recently decided to get back into cycling. Upon scrolling through classifieds, I’ve found a 2017 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp6 Fattie in immaculate condition. The owner is asking 2500 CAD for it, or about 1850 USD; stating they’re selling it because they don’t have the time to ride it. Provided the bike checks out to be mechanically sound, is this a fair price?

From my knowledge this bike retailed for $2800USD when new.

Thanks in advance for any replies! Really looking forward to getting into riding again.

·
jcd's best friend
3,317 Posts
That doesn't seem like a bad price. I like to use the Bicycle Blue Book to give me ball park figures and that Stumpy seems like a good price if it's in the shape you noted. Do you have a link to an ad or photos?

Not a lot of people go by the Bicycle Blue Book values because aftermarket parts changes everything. If a bike is bone stock, I like to use it to give me rough ball park offers.

Here's the BBB: https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/SearchListingDetail.aspx?id=3067308

·
Rides all the bikes!
4,489 Posts
Looks like you are pretty set on a big S brand...why so dedicated?

Is it the 120mm version? If so, it is a very good trail bike. Surprisingly capable in the right hands too. I am not very good with bike pricing though. I would look for comparable bikes and see if prices line up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you are pretty set on a big S brand...why so dedicated?

Is it the 120mm version? If so, it is a very good trail bike. Surprisingly capable in the right hands too. I am not very good with bike pricing though. I would look for comparable bikes and see if prices line up.
Mostly a sentimental thing for me. My dad got me into mountain biking, and the Stumpjumper was always his dream bike so it carried over. Looking at used bikes makes it wayyyyy more achievable for me. Mostly just a sentimental thing really.

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Mostly a sentimental thing for me. My dad got me into mountain biking, and the Stumpjumper was always his dream bike so it carried over. Looking at used bikes makes it wayyyyy more achievable for me. Mostly just a sentimental thing really.
They make quality bikes, and have for a long time. There's a reason they're at the top. That must have been a good deal since it went so fast, now you have an idea of what a good price range is. Too bad you didn't have time to jump on it.

·
jcd's best friend
3,317 Posts
Shop on Pink Bike and see what you can find in the Buy/Sell section. Also, you can wait until the end of season and get virtually any Stumpy on clearance. In my area, I see some of the entry level Stumpjumpers sell at $1999 clearance through the Specialized dealers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.