Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a buddy of mine sent me down the rabbit hole of bicycles. Lol I'm looking into 27.5 bikes and fat bikes. I'm leaning more towards 27.5
I've looked into several bikes and am maybe considering building one. Here is a list of the ones I've looked at..

Trek Roscoe 7, maybe Roscoe 8
Diamondback Mason 2
Jamis Komodo expert
Specialized fuse comp
And framed Marquette

The Marquette looks like you get the most bang for your buck but it doesn't have a dropper post, and on the alloy frame the routing for the dropper is outside the frame.

You can buy the (framed) Marquette carbon frame for 600. So that would be the platform for building my own. But I'm worried I'll have more into that than just buying the carbon version and adding a dropper post.

In all honesty I think any of these would be fine for me as I'm just getting into it, and they all seem to be decent bikes.

So I'm asking which of these bikes would you recommend? And how much would I have into the carbon one building it myself?

I have a local trek dealer and a local specialized dealer so that's a plus for those bikes. And the framed bikes there is one a couple hours away ,but I get near there every so often because I have family near there.

Sorry for the long winded post but the more I look into these the more unsure of which one I want. Lol

Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
43 Posts
All good options however each has different geometry - go out and ride them and see what feels best. It does get expensive to upgrade later so buy the best you can afford knowing that you are “just getting back in to it”. Make sure it sticks. Personally I have a Roscoe 8 in addition to a full suspension bike. I still prefer the Roscoe. It just feels right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, a buddy of mine sent me down the rabbit hole of bicycles. Lol I'm looking into 27.5 bikes and fat bikes. I'm leaning more towards 27.5
I've looked into several bikes and am maybe considering building one. Here is a list of the ones I've looked at..

Trek Roscoe 7, maybe Roscoe 8
Diamondback Mason 2
Jamis Komodo expert
Specialized fuse comp
And framed Marquette

The Marquette looks like you get the most bang for your buck but it doesn't have a dropper post, and on the alloy frame the routing for the dropper is outside the frame.

You can buy the (framed) Marquette carbon frame for 600. So that would be the platform for building my own. But I'm worried I'll have more into that than just buying the carbon version and adding a dropper post.

In all honesty I think any of these would be fine for me as I'm just getting into it, and they all seem to be decent bikes.

So I'm asking which of these bikes would you recommend? And how much would I have into the carbon one building it myself?

I have a local trek dealer and a local specialized dealer so that's a plus for those bikes. And the framed bikes there is one a couple hours away ,but I get near there every so often because I have family near there.

Sorry for the long winded post but the more I look into these the more unsure of which one I want. Lol

Thanks again for your help
I've talked to the workers at my LBS, and since they are a specialized dealer, a couple of them own the fuse since it isnt super expensive for the top end models. If your looking for carbon I would check that one out, since its around 3000 dollars and it has the amazing carbon frame storage unit that is really a life saver. Its allowed me to ride backpackless for a while now. They have aluminum models that go down to 1000 if thats more your price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.