Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently riding a trek fuel 90 custom build. It is a great bike and I've got few complaints about it, but I've got three seasons on it, thousands of miles and a dent in the top tube that is beggining to bother me. Anyone who works on bikes knows that a dent in the frame (significant in size) will cause a week spot and will probably fold up there in time. Not a good thing. Plus, I want to upgrade to 100 mm of travel. My dad recently got himself a Stump Jumper and I took it for a ride. Besides him royaly screwing up the geometry and it being alot heavier then my set up, it road quite well. So I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy a frame or a 05 Stump JUmper FSR 100 online. I don't have a local dealer. Also the ability to make payements would be nice. I will transfer all my current parts over that I can initially, and replace what I can't on the way, but I need to first find a way to get the frame.

I'm also considering a turner flux. My brother just got a turner recently and it is a very nice frame. Still considering it.

·
Go Bears!
141 Posts
monkeyboy070 said:
So I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy a frame or a 05 Stump JUmper FSR 100 online. I don't have a local dealer.
I'm also considering a turner flux. My brother just got a turner recently and it is a very nice frame. Still considering it.
Specialized does not allow bikes to be sold online.

Check out the Turner forum for info on the Flux (which can be purchased frame-only online). Dave Turner himself and several Turner employees post there quite frequently.

·
We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
I don't know too much about buying frames from a bike shop--but I would assume that you can go to any [Specialized] bike shop and have them order the frame.

Or try Ebay -- that's where I found my epic frame. Just be smart about who you buy from--but you're looking for an '05 model, I'm sure by the end of summer you should be able to find some if you don't mind waiting.

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
your best bet is probably to sell your fuel and buy a stumpjumper. You really can't get a frame for a "reasonable" price. If you're ridden the fuel hard enough to dent it, a whole new bike probably would be a good idea.

also, when swapping parts over, you'll often find a bunch of stuff that doesn't work, cranks, bottom bracket, fork, stuff like that can give you issues. it gets expensive real quick unfortunately.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enduro walker, One of the reasons I've chose this bike is quite a bit does turn over. The BB isn't much of a worry because I've got a Race face deus setup. Not much worry there. The geometry I would setup allows me to keep my stem at length and angle. This isn't the first bike I've setup or swapped over to, so I got an idea of what I gotta due.

Sadly I don't got a local dealer to setup a purchase with. I know alot of shops aren't afraid ot setup a payment plan for a poor bastard like me, but I don't have one around. I'm going to setup a weekend to run out of town and look into picking up one at a different shop. I also found out that they sworks is the only frame I can get, so I'm going to pick up a SJ FSR 100. I will have a 100 MM fork, I will switch my drivetrain, headset, wheels, stem, bar setup and breaks unless they are equal to mine. Have check yet. I may change the fork later to a fox or similar and get a seat post. Thanks for the info though, didn't know thye wouldn't sell online.

I looked closer at my bros Turner and it is a great bike, don't get me wrong there, but it didn't ride 2000 dollars better then my dads bike, so I will just get a SJ, I just want a horst link. Anyway, thanks again guys.

·
Gravity Rides Everything
1,126 Posts
monkeyboy070 said:
Enduro walker, One of the reasons I've chose this bike is quite a bit does turn over. The BB isn't much of a worry because I've got a Race face deus setup. Not much worry there. The geometry I would setup allows me to keep my stem at length and angle. This isn't the first bike I've setup or swapped over to, so I got an idea of what I gotta due.

Sadly I don't got a local dealer to setup a purchase with. I know alot of shops aren't afraid ot setup a payment plan for a poor bastard like me, but I don't have one around. I'm going to setup a weekend to run out of town and look into picking up one at a different shop. I also found out that they sworks is the only frame I can get, so I'm going to pick up a SJ FSR 100. I will have a 100 MM fork, I will switch my drivetrain, headset, wheels, stem, bar setup and breaks unless they are equal to mine. Have check yet. I may change the fork later to a fox or similar and get a seat post. Thanks for the info though, didn't know thye wouldn't sell online.

I looked closer at my bros Turner and it is a great bike, don't get me wrong there, but it didn't ride 2000 dollars better then my dads bike, so I will just get a SJ, I just want a horst link. Anyway, thanks again guys.
i thought S-works frames were near the price of turner.

one thing to look into also if you're going to go for a high end frame is Titus. they are also horst bikes. the racer X and moto-lite are two worth considering. Sort of a "super FSR" type of bike, much like the Turners, but at a more reasonable price. I think the moto lite price starts at 1350 or so for a frame...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.