Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On wuss patrol
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...with a ride that is. Please post what and where and your impressions from your 01/01/10 ride. Pics, too, if you have them.

I headed out to the buffed, rooty and twisty single track at Stella Ridge. I have been there 3 times in the last week and a half and really love this place. The people that I have met are really, genuinely nice. I have done most of my riding there solo without a local guide or compass but am starting to get a real feel for the general layout and locating treads that really appeal to my style--faster and flowy through the timber, some minor downhill tricks (there are some bigger items there, just not for me), log rides, ridge sides, and tight transitions. I ran into red-haze.com Bob and his friend Sue and they took quite a bit of time just chatting and telling me about Stella. Wonderful people! I had some help from others on another ride and hope to run into those folks again when I am back around 9:00-10:00 on a Sat/Sun AM. The people who have built and maintain this system are crazy committed and have done priceless work. Thank you!! Dave

Let's hear about yours....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Led a small group of 3 at Tokul West on Friday. Six were signed up but with the forecast calling for rain and wind, I wasn't surprised when several bailed. As luck would have it, the rain stopped just as we left the parking lot on 356th Street and we were actually standing under a brief patch of blue sky when we got to the trails leading up the mountain. Rolled along nicely through my standard 13 mile loop. Trails were a bit slick in spots, but actually in pretty good shape.

Finished the day at the local brew-pub for a few pints of stout. And wouldn't you know it started pouring down rain just as we placed our orders. A totally dry ride was had in an otherwise rain-soaked day!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I bailed out on a ride over at Banner, ended up being nice weather over there :madman:

I did make it out to St. Eddies for a short spin, then today did a 15 miler over at Newberry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.