Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Newbie
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm gettin' there. I went for a 12 mile ride today but it was only on the Bike and Hike trail so it doesn't count as trails. I'm tryin to get in shape for the trails. Man does my a$$ hurt. Is that something that you get used to or does my seat suck. It's the one that came stock on my new Trek 6000. Thus, the Pain In The A$$ in the title.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Dawn Rider said:
I guess I'm gettin' there. I went for a 12 mile ride today but it was only on the Bike and Hike trail so it doesn't count as trails. I'm tryin to get in shape for the trails. Man does my a$$ hurt. Is that something that you get used to or does my seat suck. It's the one that came stock on my new Trek 6000. Thus, the Pain In The A$$ in the title.
It stops hurting after two weeks of regular riding. :thumbsup:

after that you'll forget all about it.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Dawn Rider said:
Your initial soreness will go away after a couple rides but that doesn't mean your rump will never hurt again. Some days my rump hurts and sometimes not a peep. I have a freeride saddle so it isn't very cush.

·
Bicyclochondriac.
15,210 Posts
Dawn Rider said:
Do you wear cycling short (baggies or lycra) with a padded chamois?

Edit: Your seat could suck as well. Everybody's tush is different. Give it a few more rides.

·
Older than I feel
1,915 Posts
A sore butt could mean too much time spent with your full weight on the saddle. This is common on easy trails and road rides. Get into the more interesting terrain and you'll be out of the saddle more - or you'll wind up over the bars!

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
The initial soreness someone feels when first starting out "riding seriously" is something that is unlike the feeling one gets when just on a particularly loooong, brutal ride. Where as the "virgin saddle" soreness seems much more unbearable. Also I agree if I spend a long amount of time off the bike for an injury or what have you I feel that "virgen saddle soreness" but no more than one ride.

Like I said two weeks. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.