Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dunno wtf happened but get my thread back here, I was not asking for the value of a bike, I was asking if the bike was worth it as a whole, it was moved in an innapropriate place !!

french: qu'esce qui s'est passé, mon post s'est déplacé sans raison dans un autre endroit, car vous avez jugé que cetait une demande de prix, c'e n'eat pas le cas, je voulais seulement savoir si le vélo lui-même en valais la peine!

·
Sneaker man
3,437 Posts
you mean the what is it worth thread... well you asked if it was worth it and kaboom, there it goes :) Yes it is definately worth $25 and fyi, shimano xtr >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> crappy bits >>>>> sram anything

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you did'nt know when you traduct from french ( if you are english it's normal french is not usual to you ) worth it means something else, more like ' is the thing worth my time and energy beeing spent on ! not necessarily money value

thanks for the XTR info.

·
Sneaker man
3,437 Posts
if you did'nt know when you traduct from french ( if you are english it's normal french is not usual to you ) worth it means something else, more like ' is the thing worth my time and energy beeing spent on ! not necessarily money value

thanks for the XTR info.
hehe I understood, just making you worry. The reason it woulde have ended up in the other thread is that 99% of the time people pop, they have just gotten some bike off someone for not much money and all they want is for someone to tell them all about it so they can then turn around and put it on ebay using all the info they just got here to try to sell it for $$$$. doesn't make people happy, hence the thread and why posts end up in it.

think duarace/red/record = xtr

now this is my opinion
My opinion, don';t know anything about the frmae, but a 7000 would be reasonably high up in the range and trek don't really make bad bikes, just not much I'd ever want to own. Ypou need to figure out whcih XTR you have (M900, M950, M960 etc) google is your friend there andthen how worn out it is. But XTR is always good. But throw away the avid brakes, they are SRAM therefore no good for anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found out something new, the frame seems to be a 1990 according to the serial number with 1996/1997 component. I rode it a little bit ( still too much snow outside) and it's very aggressive in it's seating position, my modern mtb is quite slack compared to this one !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the v-brakes are in fack m952 after checking them out and comparing to a bunch on the internet, as well as the crank,bottom bracket, front dérailleur and rear dérailleur

found out after polishing the frame earlier today ( needs much much much more tlc) that the headset is also XTR, must be m952 too if it ever existed

·
Riding rigid
287 Posts
I think XTR headsets existed in the 900 series for threaded steerers. By the 950 series and newer the threadless ahead sets were all the rage.

Look like you have all the XTR bits except the shifters and hubs.

·
Sneaker man
3,437 Posts

Since he mentioned XTR v-brakes, I would guess m950/952
The white industries hubs are nice bits too.
Yeah 95x is what I assume\d, but then with differtent shifters and levers, and the OP not actually knowing what xtr was, could have been anything. i mean my xizang has m739 v's, a bunch of m750 bits and some m970 bits, so... you never know what is going to be happening

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
under the gunk i found out the chain is a dura-ace and the pads are kool stop salmon

all of the bolts have been changed to titanium as far as i can see.

dont know if I should convert the true temper flat handlebar to a riser one

DSC_0109.jpg DSC_0107.jpg DSC_0104.jpg

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,304 Posts
The frame is about as exciting as a Ford Taurus, but the parts are nice, as you likely now, know.

But for the love of all that's holy, get some actual tires on that thing, it's not a Klein despite the fact that Trek later owned and killed them.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts

thanks for the XTR info.
Was this thread worth the time it took to read it?

No, not at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts