Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or wait a month to see what the new changes are to the 2020? Just made some extra income and 2020 is new bike year for me. So should I get the 2019 or wait? I have been debating on the Hightower or Pivot 429 trail but Santa Cruz seems more like the perfect bike for me. Anyone know what the changes will be for 2020? If it's the same frame I'd rather save a few dollars and get the 2019. Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's probably not gonna be the same frame. Just wait till June and you'll know. There's some speculation on the new Hightower in this forum already. Just read through that thread.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm in the same boat, might as well hold on for 2 months then get a 2019 for a steep discount if Santa Cruz messes things up with the 2020. Santa Cruz has been very good at keeping things hidden, besides credible evidence that a new hightower will be revealed in or around July (maybe June) there is 0 info. The current bike is just about perfect for me but I want to see if the new one is even better before making a decision.

·
TRANCER
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called one Santa Cruz dealer 2 county's away from me. (1.5 hr drive) and they are offering me the cc s build with the carbon wheels for 5200 out the door. I think this is the $6200 original price tag. ****in A ! 😂

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I spoke to a top SC dealer on east coast - he still has an xxl HT - no discount - he said no word @ all on new HT and anyone who says they know details or full of shat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I spoke to a top SC dealer on east coast - he still has an xxl HT - no discount - he said no word @ all on new HT and anyone who says they know details or full of shat.

says the guy that wants to sell a 3 year old bike and no discount! do you think you can trust him?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
So you're saying the HT is close ?

Would you buy a HT or TB NX spec discounted 20% right now and piece it together with better specs over time - or ... wait?

I think we'll know by the beginning of July. I would be very surprised if they don't come with a new version this summer.

Personally, I'd wait because I want something slacker with a steeper STA. The lower link driven suspension is more progressive and active. However, there's nothing wrong with the current HT if you're ok with the STA. I'd say the main issue is how progressive you want the geo to be.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.