Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
%$#$*!
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been browsing this site for a while and just thought I'd finally post. I picked up this Turner a while back and to my knowledge, it's an afterburner or burner dh front with an rfx rear. It's my one bike and I ride everything I can on it. I actually have a hardtail but the Turner is too much fun that I never ride the hardtail.

Here are some pictures earlier this year from "river" in whistler.

Also, just curious if anyone has 5" rfx rockers that they want to sell? been looking to reduce my travel for the winter months.

thanks, beefmagic

Attachments

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
I thought this post was about something else, like those "horny granny" spam messages I always get...

Cool old skool Afterburner though. White is a dope color on Turners.

·
%$#$*!
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
airwreck, the front der. cable stop is an aluminum clamp with a small allen bolt (3-4mm?) and the cables are held on with just good old fashioned zip ties. it's not my ideal set up, but it works and hasn't given me any problems. I guess I could get stops welded on but I'd rather save that $ for a new rear shock or fork.

FM, I'm on whidbey island. I see from your posts that you're in the pnw as well. I really like tricky, technical riding but it took me some time to overcome my nerves to try that teeter. "river" is a really fun trail. I wish there was something like that closer.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
beefmagic said:
FM, I'm on whidbey island. I see from your posts that you're in the pnw as well. I really like tricky, technical riding but it took me some time to overcome my nerves to try that teeter. "river" is a really fun trail. I wish there was something like that closer.
sweet- where do you ride typically, there on the island? we hit anacortes a lot... Galbraiths fairly close to you I suppose...thats good stuff...

·
%$#$*!
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ride the DNR/saratoga woods trails alot since it's so close. Ft. Ebey as well. I also ride the gulch when its not too muddy. I had been meaning to check out anacortes and galbraith all last summer and fall but just never got around to it. too much work and the convenience of close trails did me in.

I'm fairly new to the area so I haven't been able to go to all the great rides I've been hearing about. let me know if there's ever a group ride or something up to anacortes and galbraith, it'd be better to check it out with someone who knows the trails.

what bike do you typically ride in anacortes and galbraith? your hardtail or rfx?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts