Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me if and how do you put a 100mm fork on a frame designed for 80 mm. Stem rise? layback seat post? flat bars? any expertise or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The Geometry on the Kula is pretty slack as it is. Adding more height to the front end might make a big difference in feel and handling. I personally am running an 80mm reba on my kula 2-9 singlespeed. I dont think that I'd want to make it any more slack. You could try less rise on your stem and/or flat bars, but the head angle wont change back no matter what you do. You could run a tire with less volume up front... that could help a little bit if you're running big ones now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
avg trail

Im on the east coast so, rocky, ups and downs. Ive just started doing longer rides (like 25 miles) where I expect the kula to up my game on the up hills. I normally ride a sworks epic full suspension. i just bought a reba which can go from 80 to 100 i would prefer 100.
thanks for the help

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Move seat forward 12mm. Bars down 17mm. Increase stem length by 15mm.
Still, your bike will handle slower (by not necessarily worse) than it did before, unless you increase fork offset, which would most likely improve the handling in most ways we can imagine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.