Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You wanna go ridin?
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to be an active participant here in the "MagicShine" forum.

Anyway purchased 2 racer specials from Geoman for my brother and me-this comes with 2 batteries and all of the mounts. His communication, packaging, ship time etc all top notch. Had 1 of the 4 batteries that wouldn't take a charge and wouldn't power the light. 1 simple email to Geoman and about 4 days later a brand new battery came my way.

Guy is solid.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
LWright said:
Coupe questions.
Can I use the 4 x 18650 lithium in battery pack to run my Vistalite 5w halogen? Will this hurt the battery?
Probably not. It will greatly reduce the bulb life (quickly approaching zero). A fully charged 2S2P Li-Ion battery is well over 8V which is probably too much for a 6 volt halogen. Not recommended.

LWright said:
I do not like having to switch through all the modes on my Magicshine 900 bike lite each time I want to turn it off. Do you offer an inline on/off switch? Or do I make a trip to Radioshack?
The switch is built-in to the regulator circuit board so it wouldn't be an easy replacement. Besides, you can just press and hold the button for two seconds to shut it off without having to cycle through.

·
Ride Responsibly
1,946 Posts
"The switch is built-in to the regulator circuit board so it wouldn't be an easy replacement. Besides, you can just press and hold the button for two seconds to shut it off without having to cycle through."
Thanks, nice to know how something works before going Mcguyver on it.
I noticed that no matter which mode the light is in when turned off, it is always in high when truned back on.
I had not considered replacing the original switch, just adding an inline switch where the battery and light plug together. Would this allow the light to remain in the same mode? Or will it always return to high regardless?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
LWright said:
...I noticed that no matter which mode the light is in when turned off, it is always in high when truned back on.
I had not considered replacing the original switch, just adding an inline switch where the battery and light plug together. Would this allow the light to remain in the same mode? Or will it always return to high regardless?
An inline switch has the same effect as unplugging the battery or plugging it in. It always comes on in the hi beam mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.