Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geology.

Geology is the study of the Earth, the materials of which it is made, the structure of those materials, and the processes acting upon them

I'm still working on my masters degree.

Sometimes, during my studies...there are distractions. It's hard to stay focused.

·
Registered
72 Posts
cheers my fellow brother in rocks! i'm actually taking a break from writing up the thesis to post this comment...

now, if i were based where ever you are, i would get nothing done. looks like a blast, and good luck with the academia!

·
Registered
72 Posts
net wurker said:
Nice pictures.

It looks like in #4, you are going for an up close and personal geological study of the Earth's crust.
this is called "sampling". on harder rides, i frequently return home with "samples" in my teeth, gloves, shoes and ground into my knees...:thumbsup:

·
Pedaler of dirt
903 Posts
Awesome pictures and I've always loved the study of geology as it's lead me to field trips around the US, Canada, Europe and Africa where each time I've been able to pack a bike in with my rock hammers. :)

·
Registered
2020 Salsa Horsethief; 2021 Surly Krampus
851 Posts
Figured I'd chime in here...environmental geologist here, work mostly on groundwater contamination (just barely geology, but I do have my M.S.).

BTW, nice pics;)

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.