Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a basically stock Genesis v2100. The pedals stick out really far, and I'm wondering how I can make them closer in? I'm a new rider, thanks for the help 1432590625218.jpg

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
What does the other side look like?

You might have to press it in. Im not to familiar but i know you can look at chainreaction and see if you can upgrade while your having problems I think it would be best to upgrade or upgrade your entire bike if you have the funds.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You need to go to a bike shop and have them order you a narrower bottom bracket. If they have a J&B account you can get them really cheap. Labor to install it will be more than the part itself.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had no idea they were making those in 27.5" now. You may want to look at the classifieds here, as well as other sites, craigslist, etc and look for a crankset that comes with an external bearing BB. Maybe even an ISIS BB.

I'm sure you could go with another square taper BB with a shorter spindle, but it may alter your chainline and tinker with your front derailleur. You may also need to buy chainline spacers if your smallest chainring touches the swingarm.

Personally, I don't think it's worth spending money on that particular bike (unless you already bent that spindle). There are plenty of used bikes out there that out spec that Wally World bike for probably a similar amount of money it would take to upgrade that thing

My advice is ride the crap out of it and only spend money as needed. Save any "upgrade" money for something better... or something different... doesn't have to be mtb related.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts