Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mud Magnet
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for GF Gold Series Genesis HT owners: How much have you upgraded your original Genesis HT and how far would you go before drawing the line and buying a bike with a better quality frame?

I have a 06 GF Wahoo Disc, currently, it is in it's original state except for pedals and tyres. I'm looking at purchasing some major upgrades this year - at least forks and brakes, so was just interested what other owners have done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 05 Tassajara Disc. I am waiting to get my XT front and rear deraillures that I just ordered. The tires I changed to WTB Velociraptors. I changed the seat to a Bontrager Fs2000 and the stem to a Kore Lite 3. I am thinking about upgrading the fork but due to the cost, that might not happen. It's hard to justify putting a $500 fork on a $800 bike. I do love the Genesis frame design.:thumbsup:

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
I hade an '05 Marlin SE (now the Piranah) for a year and all I did was pedals and tires. Had I not upgraded to a Cake, I'd have likely put XT shifters and derailleurs on it and invested in better pads for the mechanical discs and better brake/shifter cables. Although the fork was a bit flexy for me (I'm a clyde), I don't think I could have justified swapping it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.