Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
College
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the specs of the new Gary Fisher Genesis hardtails and the frames changed. How will this effect the coveted Genesis ride/geometry. Can they really still call it Genesis Geometry?

From the looks of it they lengthened the Bottom Bracket up and changed some of the angles and cock pit length. I am guessing they changed the geomtry because they are implementing 100mm Travel fork instead of the 80 that we saw before.

I wonder if the ride will feel any different

·
Registered
323 Posts
Bb

Fisher was having problems with bottom bracket height...i.e. they were too low. Especially in the 29er's. That I believe is the main reason for some of the changes we've seen. I've also heard they changed the headtube angle a bit to improve handleing with the larger forks now available. I've riden a few of the lower end 05 Genesis bikes and I felt no real difference in riding position or anything, same fisher ride I've always loved... but I have not really put one through its paces yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.