Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wonder what would happen if cyclists, regardless of gender, were allowed to compete if they were separated by weight as in boxing or wrestling? Or are we still dealing with a genetic disposition of the "caveman" running after food, killing it and fighting for territory vs. "cavewomen" gathering roots, bearing children, and organizing the community?

·
Registered
77 Posts
This post is kind of a mess but I'll give it a shot. If cyclists could compete regardless of gender, there would be few female champions but many embarrassed dudes. There are weight classes: Clydesdale vs non. More would add complexity and be largely pointless as there is no difference in performance for a wide range of weights. As far as gender roles go how else will the roots get gathered or buffalo get slaughtered.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
Berkeley Mike said:
Or are we still dealing with a genetic disposition of the "caveman" running after food, killing it and fighting for territory vs. "cavewomen" gathering roots, bearing children, and organizing the community?
Man, 10,000 years ago i hated that caveman system. Chief just didn't understand that i really loved gathering roots.

I think that if all bikes weighted 90lbs weight classes would make a lot more sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.