Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if there is a geniune strength difference between the Gemini and the Prophet? I know the Gemini has bigger tubing, but size does not always = strength. I've talked to a ton of different shops and they all seem to think that there is no noticable difference and that the Prophet is on the leading edge of the movement away from the bigger-is-better approach (of which the Banshee Scream is perhaps the best example) in freeride bikes.

I can't tell if this is just hype.

Does Cannondale publish any kind of number on this (PSI before breakage or something like that)? I couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Techfreak said:
Anybody know if there is a geniune strength difference between the Gemini and the Prophet? I know the Gemini has bigger tubing, but size does not always = strength. I've talked to a ton of different shops and they all seem to think that there is no noticable difference and that the Prophet is on the leading edge of the movement away from the bigger-is-better approach (of which the Banshee Scream is perhaps the best example) in freeride bikes.

Does Cannondale publish any kind of number on this (PSI before breakage or something like that)? I couldn't find anything.
The strengh is implied by the category Cannondale uses for the bikes.

Only the Gemini and Chase is listed as Freeride at the Cannondale site.

The Prophet and Jeckyl is listed as All Mountain.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Techfreak said:

The Prophet is not a freeride bike in the traditional sense. The components on the Prophet lean more toward the xc side of the spectrum than freeride.

There was a thread a little while bike where a rider was pondering getting a Heckler or Prophet and durability was brought up concerning the Prophet. The Prophet just came out a little while ago so, imo the Jury is still out as it takes a good year or two to get a sense of a bikes durability.

A lot of riders responded to this thread claiming to be dropping 10ft+ on their Prophets and hitting jumps with speed with no ill effects. So, I guess it is not just hype so far. However, I have yet to see any pictures of Prophet riders hitting 10ft drops. Regardless, the Prophet is turning out to be a very popular bike.

Here is the thread I was talking about. It turned into a shite show that was funny to read.

Whttp://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=75067&highlight=Heckler+Prophet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.