Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The endless excuses guy
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bottom bracket on my 2004 Gemini (6 months old) was loose, took it to my LBS for repair, but they could not get it apart no matter what they tried. LBS made 2 call to the factory tech support and they advised him to contact his local sales rep for frame replacement. Not the solution I wanted, but OK.

Here's the problem though.....LBS guy said they will replace just the front triangle, rear swing-arm not to be included. That just seems wrong to me. These 2 peices are the central part of my rig and have "worn in" together. If they are going to replace the frame (which is admirable), I think it should include the whole shooting match; front triangle AND swing arm.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, you can't really ask them to do more than replace the part that's faulty, can you? The front and rear don't really wear in together like the chain and cassette or something, your new front will work fine with your old rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.