Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
goin to replace the double on my 06 gemini with a single with a retention device.... what do you guys recommend and what has worked for other genini riders?

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
I have a an E-13 DRS one one bike and a Gamut P-20 on the other. Had an MRP System 3 briefly. Like the look of the polycarbonate rings better than the metal. The Gamut is a super simple setup and is very, very light. Since your pivot point is so high there's prob not any obstructions in the BB area to cause problems with chainguides fitting so the big question is going to be weather you have ISCG mounts or if you're going to have to mount it to your bottom bracket. Look on the frame and see if there are three little tabs around the outside of the bottom bracket on the drive side to mount the guide.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Notes from e13's website on gemini fitment:
"Use Gemini specific SRS backplate. The STS backplate fits fine."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it does have iscg mounts but it also has an outboard bearing bb and the front der. is mounted to the bb... will that be a problem?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
The Gemini frames are ISCG.

All Gemini frames have the ISCG tabs that you are talking about.

I do not use a chainguide on my Gemini, as it is set up as a trailbike, but Iif I needed one, I would go with an ISCG compatable chainguide.

Err is right, there will be few fit issues due to the high single pivot.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
The outboard BB is not a problem, the guide will slide right over it.

Just to clarify, you are going to remove your front derailure and run a single ring correct?

If so, I'd recommend a ISCG mount style Gamut P20 or P40 (depending on what size front ring you're going to run) and just remove the front derailure and shifter. You'll need a X-type BB tool to remove your BB cups to get the front derailure off. Go-Ride and PricePoint both carry the Gamut guides (no affiation with either here) and will be able to hook you up with the tool you need to pull your BB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts