Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Gravity's Gone
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions are varying from day to day up there it seems. Thursday Wyatt & I hit it and it seemed like about 75% of it was rideable. Yesterday I was up there by myself and everything was good to go - I'd say about 99% of it was rideable. Today Naner, Hickster, Wyatt & I hit it and about 50 - 60% was rideable. There's definitely enough trails open to make it worth it.

Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Natural environment Bicycle

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel Natural environment

Natural environment Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Recreation Bicycle

Natural environment Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle

Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike

Clothing Bicycle wheel Tire Wheel Bicycle helmet

Soil Trail Helmet Bicycle Adventure

Winter Freezing Snow Ice Precipitation

Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Winter

·
Registered
454 Posts
What are the trails like there? I thought that they were mainly a multi access type trail. I guess I was wrong, going to have to check it out down there this year...

·
921 Posts
Not sure what you mean by multi-use? It's hiker and MTB, no horses, no rail-trail stuff. Almost 100% singletrack. If there's a downside to Geisinger, it's that there is A LOT of climbing, however there is also A LOT of screaming downhills, and just enough flowy in-between stuff as well. It's less rocky than almost anything in NEPA, but it's still decently technical (mostly because it's tight and steep.) I'd sort/kinda compare it to LSP, with more topography and less mud (but that's a loose comparison.)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
you have riding....

...looks like you have totally different conditions than we do up north....there are no streches free of snow and ice like you have in some of your pics.....enjoy! Were in that between season for the next couple of days for sure....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.