Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dain Bramaged
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The boys (Garrett 8 and Blake 14) and I packed up the bikes and the dog for the first ride of the season on Sunday afternoon. Unseasonably warm temps (Saturday was near 90 in ND in mid April!) made for a nice day. I have never been out riding these trails this early in the year before - and there were no other trail users save a bird watcher/local cyclist out repairing bird houses.

The sky was blue, ground was dry, and the moon was out. All I needed was more energy (ugh) and more time to ride. All in all - nice to be out again!

Blake and I were pooped, so Garrett ended up riding up ahead with the dog a lot, then we'd catch up. After one rest, we rode toward a spot where the trail forks (but it's just two ways to ride the same loop from different directions). I commented that I wondered which way Garrett had gone. As we approached the fork, I noticed that he had dropped one of his gloves. Then I realized he had carefully laid the glove down with the index finger pointing in the right direction, and curled the other fingers underneath, just like a pointing hand. Blake and I both wondered out loud whether this was intentional or an accident. Sure enough - as we went that way we found boy and dog waiting, and Garrett said, "Did you get my signal?"

Pure genius. I NEVER whould have thought of that, and continued to use sticks to form crude arrows or something like I have in the past.

Attachments

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Great story!

That's a great post! yeah riding with kids is awesome.

I've got a funny ride experience, about a two years ago while with my son on the trail-a-bike i had to stop and take a leak... well while i'm standing there looking around and taking in the surroundings, yes while taking a leak! i happen to look over at my son who is looking at me in total amazement, and lets out this "No Way Two Pees?????" yep had a double stream going. try to explain that to a six year old?..He thought that was cool!

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
brado1 said:
That's a great post! yeah riding with kids is awesome.

I've got a funny ride experience, about a two years ago while with my son on the trail-a-bike i had to stop and take a leak... well while i'm standing there looking around and taking in the surroundings, yes while taking a leak! i happen to look over at my son who is looking at me in total amazement, and lets out this "No Way Two Pees?????" yep had a double stream going. try to explain that to a six year old?..He thought that was cool!
that is so funny. oh man. my boy is only 5 months. those pics make me psyched for the years ahead.

amazing that the 8 year old is the fastest.

·
PITY THE FOOL!
288 Posts
Pure genius. I NEVER whould have thought of that, and continued to use sticks to form crude arrows or something like I have in the past.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty smart. I've tried the stick and crude arrow method unsuccessfully and have learned to just waiting at trail forks just to collect everyone (in the rare instance when I'm in front). The pointing glove idea is great! Just as long as none of my knuckehead friends ride past the glove and leave it on the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.