Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Southern California and am using non-UST Geax Sturdy's. I weigh 165 and come across a variety of terrain, which includes quite a few rocks. What front/rear tire pressures would you start out with as a baseline? How low would you dare to go?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
savechief said:
I live in Southern California and am using non-UST Geax Sturdy's. I weigh 165 and come across a variety of terrain, which includes quite a few rocks. What front/rear tire pressures would you start out with as a baseline? How low would you dare to go?

Thanks.
2.1 or 2.25? In either case you need to pick a starting point based on what you use in your other tires. Then raise or lower the pressure by 2-4 psi until you find what works for you.

I like to use as little pressure as possible. If I am pinch flatting or feeling the tire squirm in the corners I have gone too low.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are 2.25's on a Turner 5 Spot...

Let's just say that I never got the pressures worked out to my liking on my previous bike, so I'm starting from scratch. Do you have any starting recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Geax Sturdy's

I'm 162lbs and have the same tires (love them...). I ride all types of conditions and I can actually get away with about 28lbs front and 33lbs rear. I've even had the rear down to 28 but I think that's pushing it when you get into more rocky/rooty trails (might pinch flat).

Later...

·
Basura Blanca
1,797 Posts
Run my Sturdy 2.25 at 30 top 35 psi. I weigh 200# sans gear, ride some pretty rocky stuff, and I rarely flat.
- Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.