Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Baby Bear is in the house
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these two [2.25 versions] have better rolling resistance [on hardpack and pavement]? Which has better tread wear?

I'm looking for high volume tires as back-up/replacements for my 2.1 Nanoraptors, which, due to the thin sidewalls, probably won't last another half season :rolleyes:

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
For the answer to RR, you'd need to do an archive search and find the test excerpted from some German MTB mag. IIRC, they were both pretty good in terms of RR. WRT treadwear, no question you'll get almost double the life from the Sturdy that you will from the Sedona. At least, that was my experience.
- Joe

rigel said:
Which of these two [2.25 versions] have better rolling resistance [on hardpack and pavement]? Which has better tread wear?

I'm looking for high volume tires as back-up/replacements for my 2.1 Nanoraptors, which, due to the thin sidewalls, probably won't last another half season :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I have not used the Sturdys, but do think the Sedona rolls very fast for such a big tire. They wear very good too. I rode the Sedonas in Moab for a week and loved em. Give some a try and I get you will end up buying a second pair when the first wear out.

rigel said:

·
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NuMexJoe said:
For the answer to RR, you'd need to do an archive search and find the test excerpted from some German MTB mag. IIRC, they were both pretty good in terms of RR. WRT treadwear, no question you'll get almost double the life from the Sturdy that you will from the Sedona. At least, that was my experience.
- Joe
Thanks for the reply.

I actually have a saved webpage from Weight Weenies showing RR data which they say is from "some German bike magazine." WW has since removed it from the site. It includes the Sedona, but not the Sturdy.

Maybe there's an updated version? I've done the search in these message boards, but to no avail.

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
Sturdy vs. Sedona

I think the Sturdy is a great tire. I have thoroughly enjoyed the pair I've had. After almost two years of use they're barely worn. The ones I have are 2.1"s but they're fairly large for that size. They are very good all around on different types of dirt and roll better on pavement (and are quieter too) than the Sedona 2.25/2.00" pair I have.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The Sturdys roll faster on pavement than the Sedona's. If so, I must try!

tl1 said:
I think the Sturdy is a great tire. I have thoroughly enjoyed the pair I've had. After almost two years of use they're barely worn. The ones I have are 2.1"s but they're fairly large for that size. They are very good all around on different types of dirt and roll better on pavement (and are quieter too) than the Sedona 2.25/2.00" pair I have.

·
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
me too!

tl1 said:
If the Sturdy does roll better than the Sedona on pavement as you say [even the 2.25, which is the one I want], coupled with the it's longer tread life, then I'm going with that.

Thanks for the input! :D

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
284 Posts
rigel said:
If the Sturdy does roll better than the Sedona on pavement as you say [even the 2.25, which is the one I want], coupled with the it's longer tread life, then I'm going with that.
probably sturdy rolls better but i don't think there is a big difference (same volume, same compound...). go with sturdy if you ride in dry conditions. sedona is a better choice in muddy conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.