Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Donkey had a proto set he had to send back for bead issues. I'd like to see if the volume on these is as big as the old Blade 2.25's. Those things were ginormous!

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
I loved Geax tires on my Moto-lite. Especially the Sturdy 2.25. These are some tall tires. Are the Saguaro's as tall in height from the rim? (If so, I don't know if they'll fit my Indy Fab 29er SS)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
miles said:
I've always loved Geax tires. If they made the Sedona (R.I.P.) in a 29er size I would be in heaven.

miles
I too would be in heaven if they made a 29" Sedona 2.25. A 29" Sturdy 2.25 would be nice too.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Looks like they beat Hutchinson to the 29" Python punch. Nice looking tire. Now I have to wear out some Bontrager XR's

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the...

info guys. Now what about the width?, I can fit a mythos, nano, ignitor and a exiwolf. I cant fit an bonty xr, acx, nevegal, rampage etc. To those who have used the geax, do you think I cant fit it based on the tires I can fit?.

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Saguaro's

edouble said:
info guys. Now what about the width?, I can fit a mythos, nano, ignitor and a exiwolf. I cant fit an bonty xr, acx, nevegal, rampage etc. To those who have used the geax, do you think I cant fit it based on the tires I can fit?.
I now run Rampages on my bike and while wide, it does fit width wise. But I would like to know if it is extremely tall like the 26" Sturdy 2.25. If it is will it fit an Indy Fab 29er? I would love to try them out but I don't want to buy tires that don't fit

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
So far a great all-rounder

I ran one of the new Geax's today as a rear tire with an Ignitor front. It wieghed 690 grams. The Geax is a tall tire, just a bit shorter than an Bontrager XR rear, and about as wide as IRC Mythos. Fairly supple casing and a rounded profile. The central rib between the tread knobs is not as prominent as it appears in the pictures.
The Geax aired up without drama run tubeless with Stan's sealant and rim strip on a Bontrager Mustang rim. Run tubeless @ 29psi, the rolling resistence seems similar to an IRC Mythos rear. However, cornering and braking is vastly improved over a Mythos, Bontrager XR or ACX. Climbing traction is just short of an Ignitor. While it does not roll as well as a Nanoraptor, the Geax is quicker than anything else with "real" tread and volume beyond the 1.9 - 2.0 dimension. It doesn't look to be a great mudder, but I haven't found any yet to confirm that.
With the high volume casing, moderate rolling resistence, good climbing and great cornering traction, the Geax seems a great all-round trail or rough XC course rear tire. I'm really impressed so far. I'll be curious to see how it works as a front tire. No regrets with this purchase.:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.