Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding a 34 x 18 on a 26" bike up here in Durango, CO just so I can climb the hills around here. I'm riding the 24 Hour of Old Pueblo in Feb, and know I need a bigger gear. The question is how much bigger. I remember that the 24 hr course is pretty fast. Is their anyone out there who has ridden a single on the 24hr course?

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
The question is not what gear you need to be able to ride this course, you can easily ride this on a 34x15t but the question is do you or can you still ride that same gear by lap 9 or 10? If you gear big remember that that you are racing many miles and by your last lap you may not be able to even ride from you tent to the trail even on a 32x20t. Pick your gear right or you will suffer bad for it. Uh! this is if your riding solo, if not then go for speed and ride each lap like the meanest dog is on your tail. PS. this will be my first solo year so I signed up geared but will bring the S.S. for a couple fun laps or if it rains bad like a couple years back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.