Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. Y'all didn't like my joke about SS bicyclists a while back. You thought it was stupid and that I was just a troll. Okay. Okay. Well, too be fair, here's a joke about geared bicyclists:

Why do multi-gear bicyclists have tongues?
To clean the mud out of their deraileurs.

Yeah. That was stupid, maybe even as stupid as my joke about SS bikers.

So let's see y'all come up with something better. Since the subject is multigear bicyclists, you should be able to come up with something. I want to laugh. At least I can laugh at myself. Show me what you got.

Show me the FUNNY!!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
My fav...

Ok this isn't about gears (sorry) but its always been my favorite bicycle joke.

Two nuns were riding a tandem on old European side streets. About halfway through the ride, after they turned down a street they've never ridden before, the nun in the back seat (the stoker) says: "I've never come this way before". The nun in front quickly responses: "hmm, must be the cobblestones".

WHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! sigh...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The_Real_Cyclesmith said:
Ok this isn't about gears (sorry) but its always been my favorite bicycle joke.

Two nuns were riding a tandem on old European side streets. About halfway through the ride, after they turned down a street they've never ridden before, the nun in the back seat (the stoker) says: "I've never come this way before". The nun in front quickly responses: "hmm, must be the cobblestones".

WHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! sigh...
LOLOL

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I don't know why either

ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
HAHAHAHA! Kinda like Snow White tellng Pinoccio to lie.

http://www.adventurefind.com/hbfk/cadence/cadence.html. me, I just don't get it why I am so anti-gears....
Most likely you live somewhere where the terrain is pretty lame and you can ride everything there is on a SS.
I love my SS and fixers, rode SS this morning because the trails were damp and I didn't want to deal with all the post-ride maintenance of a filthy gearie bike. Also wanted to work like a dog, but only for a couple hours to get back before the monsoon kicked in.
But if I was like you, anti-gears, I would be seriously limited in the rides I could do; indeed, most of the singletracking that makes this corner of CO so awesome would be way beyond my, or most mortal's, ability. When I'm grinding up something steep at 12k feet with 100 miles of mountains in all directions, the last thing I want to hear is that I'm somehow a lesser person because I'm in my 20t granny and 34t cog. There's lots of other SS riders around here, but I've yet to see one above timberline in the San Juans.
Bashing on gearie riders is like bashing roadies, and makes me feel sad for you that your cycling world is so limited and regimented.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Yikes!

bulC said:
Bashing on gearie riders is like bashing roadies, and makes me feel sad for you that your cycling world is so limited and regimented.
YIKES! sounds like you have a serious case of vaginal sand. Calm down, Turbo!

I can like whatever I want. At least I am not making a hateful statement with that website. But I am stating a personal opinion.

I have geared friends, and I hug them from time to time.

I choose to ride SS, and I just don't see why you have to give me a Bible story about the mountains, gears, ss, and whatever else your vaginal sand condition is making you do.

Chill, drink some Pepsi...and lay off the coffee.

Oh, and where I live, it isn't lame. Ever been to the Cheese State? it's full of "Happy go Lucky" people that like the rolling hills, harsh winters, and dwelve in sarcasm...

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
How long till this thread gets locked? Eh, might as well contribute:
"Do you realise you have left your shorts at home?" I said as I rode along side a rather exposed looking cyclist... "Yeah it was the wifes idea" he replied "Last week I went out without my jersy and finished up with a stiff neck!"

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Seriously.....

....you obviously have some pretty deep convictions.....let Ernesto have his.

There are quite a few people here who ride a SS as their only bike, regardless of terrain.

bulC said:
Most likely you live somewhere where the terrain is pretty lame and you can ride everything there is on a SS.
I love my SS and fixers, rode SS this morning because the trails were damp and I didn't want to deal with all the post-ride maintenance of a filthy gearie bike. Also wanted to work like a dog, but only for a couple hours to get back before the monsoon kicked in.
But if I was like you, anti-gears, I would be seriously limited in the rides I could do; indeed, most of the singletracking that makes this corner of CO so awesome would be way beyond my, or most mortal's, ability. When I'm grinding up something steep at 12k feet with 100 miles of mountains in all directions, the last thing I want to hear is that I'm somehow a lesser person because I'm in my 20t granny and 34t cog. There's lots of other SS riders around here, but I've yet to see one above timberline in the San Juans.

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
bar jokes

Two gearies walked into a bar...
they were treated for minor cuts and later released.

A gearie walks into a bar with jumper cables.
The bartender says "You can drink here, but don't start anything"

A gearie, a penguin, and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The bartender says "What is this? Some kind of joke?"

I'm here all day.

it's good to be SSuperior,
HW

·
"Mr. Britannica"
1,818 Posts
Hollywood said:
Two gearies walked into a bar...
they were treated for minor cuts and later released.

A gearie walks into a bar with jumper cables.
The bartender says "You can drink here, but don't start anything"

A gearie, a penguin, and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The bartender says "What is this? Some kind of joke?"

I'm here all day.

it's good to be SSuperior,
HW

...and you're just sitting there, smoking a gearie, aren't you?

·
Registered
148 Posts
the last thing I want to hear is that I'm somehow a lesser person because I'm in my 20t granny and 34t cog.
Well, that's about the ratio a lot of SS alpine riders run.

Also, no offense, but if you're going to imply one is less a rider or at least less a man for sporting suspension, be prepared to take it in the kazoo for running your precious "mechanical crutch" of a derailleur.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Talk about "limited"

bulC said:
WHOA!!! Calm bro...calm. You are fealling sad for no reason. Anyone who knows Ernesto knows his cycling world is far from limited and regimented. It's more like kool-aid with those little mini orange slices floating around. And for the record...I have yet ride in any area of the country (and I've been around) that I would classify as "lame". Yes some are better than others...but none are lame. Relax...sit back and have a nice tall glass of kool-aid...with those little mini oranges floating around.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
kool aid

The_Real_Cyclesmith said:
WHOA!!! Calm bro...calm. You are fealling sad for no reason. Anyone who knows Ernesto knows his cycling world is far from limited and regimented. It's more like kool-aid with those little mini orange slices floating around. And for the record...I have yet ride in any area of the country (and I've been around) that I would classify as "lame". Yes some are better than others...but none are lame. Relax...sit back and have a nice tall glass of kool-aid...with those little mini oranges floating around.
Just think of it, if it wasn't for the kool aid man, there wouldn't be a basis for bashing on Spider-Man, or some guy with the last name of Goldman. See, it's a 4 way street with a 4 way stop intersection. I am not bashing on the shifting brethren. I just don't like gears on my bikes. On my bikes. (slowly echoes...) On my bikes, On my bikes, my bikes, my bikes, bikes, bikes....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cheese and Sarcasm?

ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
YIKES! sounds like you have a serious case of vaginal sand. Calm down, Turbo!

I can like whatever I want. At least I am not making a hateful statement with that website. But I am stating a personal opinion.

I have geared friends, and I hug them from time to time.

I choose to ride SS, and I just don't see why you have to give me a Bible story about the mountains, gears, ss, and whatever else your vaginal sand condition is making you do.

Chill, drink some Pepsi...and lay off the coffee.

Oh, and where I live, it isn't lame. Ever been to the Cheese State? it's full of "Happy go Lucky" people that like the rolling hills, harsh winters, and dwelve in sarcasm...

We NEVER use sarcasm here in the cheese state. You call -25 harsh?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts