Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
41,444 Posts
A simple duffle bag. All my gear is kept in there all the time. I’ll bring a change out of shorts and tee shirt / sandals for the ride home if necessary. I keep lube / floor pump and some tools in my truck all the time so that’s not a concern to worry to pack for each ride trip. Simple grab and go duffle bag that’s ready to go.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I used to use reusable shopping bags, which I really didn't have a problem with. However I've switched to these collapsible crates. They more or less have the same storage capacity but it's nice to have storage that is a little bit wider and not as deep. Allows you to see more equipment on top versus digging for it.

View attachment 1957924
Just did the same. I put in a change of clothes (for on and off the bike), extra set of clean MTB shoes I can use after a ride or if I forget my regulars, some basic tools, and an extra Camelbak I had laying around.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
41,444 Posts
Just throwing all your soggy gear into a simple duffel bag to ferment is a different genre of science.
How long is in there? 10-20 minutes to your local ride spot? Anything past that for further away rides just throw it all away and buy new.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
How long is in there? 10-20 minutes to your local ride spot? Anything past that for further away rides just throw it all away and buy new.
OP stated trailhead, not local riding spot. To me, that could be 3 min or 3+ hours.

If you only drive 20min from home and like to unpack your stuff to air it out, that's peachy... but some of us want portable gear storage that prevents pad rot etc.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Luggage and bags Handbag Bag Font Shoulder bag

I use this. Kinda pricey, but I did get it below wholesale cost. Mine is a bit older and doesn't have the extra mesh face. It's got zippered pockets galore with inside mesh compartments, a hard shell compartment, lots of room and multiple wet storage compartments. Since I always have to drive to ride, it goes with me every time, split equally between MTB, road and gravel. I always double-check that I have the right shoes before leaving home. I always carry arm warmers, a light base layer, extra socks, tools, extra tubes, food, glasses. This time of year I carry a ton of clothing so I have options.

A milk crate a couple of bags will do the same trick tho.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts