Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up after stumbling across your website while looking for a new Bike. I have a few question's and i wasn't sure what part of the forum it would go in.

As i have mentioned i am looking for a new Bike i did a search on these forum's and i'm not to sure about my Riding style and what type of bike would be best suited too that,

I really enjoy taking the DownHill into the Urban enviroment i do ride long distance's, around 40k's a day, i'd say 90% of the time is flat out and i love to jump gaps, ride down stairs and do some tricks on the way.

You could say i ride like a Courier/DH, intense riding from A - B in an urban enviroment

my Budget is around between $3000 - $4500 AUD as i would like something decent, i have thought of the prospect of building my own.

What type of Style and Bike would you recommend?

I hope i am clear and you understand. i do appreciate your replies

Thanks
Luke :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm no replies,

I figure Hard-Tail would be the go?

Would a Dirt Jump style frame be more suited towards my riding style?

What type of Bike brand's should i be looking at?

Luke / Velocity

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Give it time

Welcome to the forums. I'd give it more than two hours for someone to reply to a post. Sometimes it takes a day or so. I'd say for urban applications look at Giant STP and Specialized P series bikes. If you're looking for a DH bike, I don't know that it's going to be suitable to cross both riding styles, especially since you're looking to ride 40 K/day. The DH rigs tend to be awful heavy.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the Replies.

Well i've made a decision on getting a Hard-Tail

Next step is finding a suitable Hard-Tail, So far i have looked at

- 2007 Iron Horse Yakuza Chimpira

Although this bike is Singlespeed i could change it over to Multispeed, what are your thoughts on this Bike? and the Multispeed conversion would be fine?

I've had a look at the Specialized P. Series and Giant STP Range and although i am still not convinced, they feel more like a Skatepark and Trick focused bike rather than a combination of both Distance and Urban Assaults

What other Bike's would be closely related to the 2007 Iron Horse Yakuza Chimpira ?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Urban forum

I would recommend spending some time in the Urban/DJ forum. See what bikes the people who hang out in that forum ride and recommend. As for the bikes you mentioned, as a general statement, I wouldn't buy a singlespeed if you plan on riding a geared bike. Too expensive to convert, and there are often proprietary design features on a singlespeed that make it difficult if not impossible to convert. The Chameleon appears to be one that CAN play both roles, and is suited to the riding you want to do. My guess is that it would be a good choice to consider.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.