Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy bonus! 2 months ago, My local gas station had regular unleaded at $3.01. Today it's at $2.11.

Who would have thunk it. I've never seen a drop this steep before. Let's count our blessings guys. This means more money for bike parts! Or beer.

check:
http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/

I'm waiting on $1.99!

What's your local gas station at??

francois

Attachments

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
$2.06 here

In suburban Philadelphia. You can find it at no-name stations as well as some of the majors.

·
More Chasmism
798 Posts
I beleive I've been in my car once in the past 2 & 1/2 weeks.

Nevertheless, good to see the prices dip a bit.

hfly

P.S. Gotta say that I do see some benefit in the increased cost of gas. Companies need to make smaller and far more fuel efficient cars. Nothing like market incentive to get the job done.

·
Registered
487 Posts
$2.02 here in NW Florida...although prices took a one day jump into the teens. Don't know what that was about.

When prices were around $3 a gallon gas stations should've had kleenex available at the pumps. Needed something for the tears. :rolleyes:

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
No amen here.

I want higher prices. So high that people start riding bikes. Fewer cars. That's my passion. But I don't have much company. I thought I'd have some here, but I guess not.

francois said:
Holy bonus! 2 months ago, My local gas station had regular unleaded at $3.01. Today it's at $2.11.

Who would have thunk it. I've never seen a drop this steep before. Let's count our blessings guys. This means more money for bike parts! Or beer.

check:
http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/

I'm waiting on $1.99!

What's your local gas station at??

francois

·
Art is Resistance
10,375 Posts
Gregg K said:
I want higher prices. So high that people start riding bikes. Fewer cars. That's my passion. But I don't have much company. I thought I'd have some here, but I guess not.
Gregg, i'm with you.
I love seeing the gas prices really high, because you start seeing news stories about how SUVs are impractical, selfish and inefficient. And you see stories about mass transit, commuting by bike, and living responsibly.
When gas prices are low, no one cares about that stuff. It's a really strange industry, the whole oil thing.

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
Gregg K said:
I'm with you. Gas prices need to be increased, but gradually. The big hikes are unpopular. Hey folks, gas prices have actually decreased in inflation-adjusted dollars, the recent hike was an adjustment.

Things are going down now, but they will go back up sooner or later.

Gas for heating the home, on the other hand... I wish that would go down. We used to keep it cold in the house and heat with wood, but with a baby and a toddler we have to keep it relatively warm and have decided not to burn wood this year for fear of the little man burning himself. I have been tracking down every draft!!!

High fuel costs might mean less bike parts for you, but it means life or death for poor families in cold climates. So I understand the positive side of cheap oil.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.