Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
New Tassajara? Absolutely. I still ride mine from '96 converted into a singlespeed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is an '04 that I picked up a couple months ago and it's been great. I'm a beginner as well but have been putting it on the trail 3-5 times a week without any issues/complaints.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Tassajara is a pretty good bike for that price range. It is well enough equipped that you shouldn't feel like everything needs to be upgraded right out of the box other than maybe pedals and saddle. I have a 2008, the stock saddle felt like I was sitting on a razor blade and the pedals are only good if you will be using toe clips, they have almost no grip as a stand alone platform. They might have changed those things since then, so they might be fine for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a 2001 Tassajara off Craigslist yesterday. I've only been on a trail once with a crappy Mongoose dual suspension. I trashed it the first time out. The Tassajara is much nicer and I think I'll be able to actually enjoy myself riding now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm picking up a 2009 Gary Fisher Tassajara today. I found the ad on Craigslist. Hopefully, everything checks out so that it will be trail worthy as soon as I get my hands on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts