Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I know this works for road workouts - you do a workout, upload to connect, create a course, download it back to Garmin device, then do course and you'll ride against the saved workout.

But, my question is more of how well does this work on trails?

For me, I've never gotten it to work, it always craps out somewhere in the middle. Doesn't matter if I'm riding or running.

Called Garmin today and they said it should work - regardless of trail or road, so was curious if anyone has gotten this to work?

Any suggestions / advice would be great.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thanks, but was looking for some insight on how well this works on trails.

I can set it up fine, been doing this on the road for years, just having problems with it not working well on trails. Was hoping I'd get some folks saying "yeah, works fine for me" or "doesn't work well, drops out frequently", or "try X, Y or Z" and this has been found to help work better on trails.

I'll look elsewhere...

·
since 4/10/2009
31,518 Posts
I don't know many who use it. I don't. I try not to ride the exact same route all the damn time. How boring is that?

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
I have used it on my 705 for probably 4 years with only a couple times it has stated off course. I don't have a 5xx series and never will, since it is optimized for road use and not trails; I'll get an 810 or 1000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts