Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if my 530 is messed up or is this issue is common?

I run my setting @ auto zoom off, but as soon as I slow down, the 530 zooms out anyway. It’s super annoying. It doesn’t matter if I run the map in 3D view or bird view. It got a little better after the previous firmware update but it still happens. And no, it doesn’t matter if I set the zoom manually, it still zooms out automatically if I slow down too much.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I believe I witnessed the map changing zoom a week ago while I'm on 4.10.

I wasn't really using the map, it was still enabled from a test a week earlier. But I believe it did still zoom out when I'd stop.

If I remember to enable the map again I can check it tomorrow.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe I witnessed the map changing zoom a week ago while I'm on 4.10.

I wasn't really using the map, it was still enabled from a test a week earlier. But I believe it did still zoom out when I'd stop.

If I remember to enable the map again I can check it tomorrow.
Thanks! I think it wanted to update the firmware this Tuesday so perhaps they finally fixed it. I'll be riding tomorrow so will make sure it's updated before the ride.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Update v 4.1:
Fixed an issue where the map zoom and orientation were not properly returning to their original values after the ForkSight page was displayed in a Mountain activity."

- Perhaps that's it, I've been wondering about that Forksite feature, haven't had any use of it, perhaps it's possible to turn "forksite off".

Edit: Well, perhaps I should have read it all...

• Added the ability to disable the ForkSight page that appears when you stop during a Mountain activity.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Maybe it is 'updated'.

I started to record an activity and walked though my house and would stop -map didn't change. However, not sure I moved enough, auto-pause never kicked in when I stopped moving around.

Edit: A ride down the street didn't change the zoom level. Autozoom is off, I didn't think to switch it on and try again. Maybe the update did in fact stop that little quirk.
I thought for sure it was still zooming out on a previous ride, guess not.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Edge is running v3.5 for some strange reason. It says there’s no update available. I have restarted it several times so perhaps it’s because I’m running it in Swedish, not English.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The Edge is running v3.5 for some strange reason. It says there's no update available. I have restarted it several times so perhaps it's because I'm running it in Swedish, not English.
USB Connect it to a computer running Garmin Express. That program will search for any available updates. I always update devices using wires and not over the air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.