Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GONE
27,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Garmin Edge 305 that is working perfectly for what I use it for. I recently set up a new Dell computer that uses Windows 8.1. My computer has detected the device but the drivers are missing or undetectable. I downloaded the driver(s) from Garmin but but Garmin Connect still cannot detect my device and my computer still says that the driver(s) are missing. My system was unable to correct the issue on it's own.

What am I missing?

·
since 4/10/2009
35,268 Posts
garmin is in the process of changing some of its software over. Garmin Express is the new version of "Garmin Communicator" or more accurately, it replaces it. It's not working totally right for everyone, but it may be working better for those on Win 8.1.

I bet someone in Garmin's forums has covered the topic, too.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I could not get my 305 to work on my computer either but then tried to upload through chrome after installing the drives again and it works fine. Could not get the 305 to work with Firefox or explorer

·
since 4/10/2009
35,268 Posts
Garmin Connect has been flaky for me throughout the updates. Some days it works others it doesn't. Anyone remember Motionbased when you couldn't upload on Sundays or Mondays because of all the traffic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
GONE
27,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Garmin Connect has been flaky for me throughout the updates. Some days it works others it doesn't. Anyone remember Motionbased when you couldn't upload on Sundays or Mondays because of all the traffic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I downloaded the driver AGAIN... and it seems to work again (for now).

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I have an old Garmin Edge 305 that is working perfectly for what I use it for. I recently set up a new Dell computer that uses Windows 8.1. My computer has detected the device but the drivers are missing or undetectable. I downloaded the driver(s) from Garmin but but Garmin Connect still cannot detect my device and my computer still says that the driver(s) are missing. My system was unable to correct the issue on it's own.

What am I missing?
A Mac

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.