Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for basic features in a MTB bike computer:
  • GPS tracking of activity
  • Live Distance
  • Live Climb Ft
  • Live Time Elapsed
  • Climbing graph of route so I can pace my effort on big days in the mountains.

What's the best unit that does all this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My son had a Wahoo Element Bolt but was not happy with it for MTBing. It was great on the road, but it on the trails it would always under-report the distance significantly (20-30% if I remember right). The problem was likely that the GPS couldn't track closely enough and cut corners. Adding a speed sensor should have solved that, but it didn't appear to make a difference. It seemed like the Bolt was still relying on GPS data even when it had the speed sensor which was unexpected.
He eventually upgraded to a Garmin 530 which does a much better job. No problems with accuracy even in dense forests.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My son had a Wahoo Element Bolt but was not happy with it for MTBing. It was great on the road, but it on the trails it would always under-report the distance significantly (20-30% if I remember right). The problem was likely that the GPS couldn't track closely enough and cut corners. Adding a speed sensor should have solved that, but it didn't appear to make a difference. It seemed like the Bolt was still relying on GPS data even when it had the speed sensor which was unexpected.
He eventually upgraded to a Garmin 530 which does a much better job. No problems with accuracy even in dense forests.
Was that the bolt v1 or V2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.