You can flood it with rubbing alcohol to soak up the water too, will not hurt the electronics. Just dry it will before turning it on.NateHawk said:I would suggest if you push those waterproofness limits, you pull the batteries out and dry it off. My 76CSx (same waterproofness rating) got thrashed in a river for awhile before we got it (and the canoe it was lashed to) unpinned from the rock. It still worked, but water got inside. By the time I got home, it did not work. So I removed the batteries and trained a hairdryer on it...and then let it sit about 24hrs before reinstalling the batteries. It fired back up then, but it definitely had me worried.