Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a 705. A couple of questions.
How well does it work in winter commuting (20 degrees and above)?
Does it hold up to rain?
Is there a new model coming out anytime soon?
Thanks
Bob

·
GeoMan
1,706 Posts
fredfg99 said:
1) How well does it work in winter commuting (20 degrees and above)?
2) Does it hold up to rain?
3) Is there a new model coming out anytime soon?
Thanks
Bob
Hi Bob!

1) works fine at 20 degrees - mine does!

2) It is water resistant (IPX7). An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes. An IPX8 designation is for continuous underwater use.

3) No new model. Heck, the 705 has barely been out 6 months or so, really.

Good luck in your search! I ride with the 705 and LOVE it. The mapping upgrade from the 305 makes it even more useful.

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
fredfg99 said:
How well does it work in winter commuting (20 degrees and above)?
Does it hold up to rain?
Is there a new model coming out anytime soon?
Thanks
Bob
I've spent quite a few hours out riding in the rain and snow with my 705 (which I purchased through GeoMan) and have had ZERO problems!

:thumbsup:

·
GeoMan
1,706 Posts
Edge 705 units "are waterproof in accordance with IEC 60529 IPX7. IEC 60529 is a European system of test specification standards for classifying the degrees of protection provided by the enclosures of electrical equipment. An IPX7 designation means the GPS case can withstand accidental immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes."

Seems safe for rain. I've ridden with mine in hail and torrential downpours with no issues afterwards whatsoever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.