Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trailwork for the Gardiner Peak area is tentatively set for 10/22. Meet at Motocycle Parking Lot at 10am and shuttle from there. Bring pruning gear if you got it.

Please post a response if you will be able to make it. The bonus for some of you is that it will be "new" to you.

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Al,
Jen and I are a go for working back there on the 22nd

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,981 Posts
Looks like some prime real estate to me. I'm in.

In the map below the Ridge Road goes N-S in the left-center, Shingle and Dry Creeks start to the left (west) of the Ridge Road. The drop in to Dry Creek is the jeep trail to the left-center. Information is a dangerous thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meet at the Motocycle Parking lot on Eighth St. Since I don't want to destroy people, we will shuttle up. Oddly enough, I have a 4X4 and can take 3 people...well, if someone else drives (be nice to my clutch!!!).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Loppers and Small Saw's

I'm in. I will bring a couple of folding saw's and a couple of pairs of loppers. This will be a great trail when it is cleaned up. If any one is interested we could ride down to Clear Creek Summit and back up the Bumpies.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would everyone who is going reply with a confirmation post. If you are willing to help shuttle bikes and people, please also include that in your reply.

Everyone who is helping: Please remember to bring food, water, your bike, and some pruning tools.

Dmeek - we will probably need to bring the trailers again...and a chainsaw. There is dead fall.

·
TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
2,981 Posts
I'll be there but might not be able to drive. I can bring a machete and some pruners. If necessary I don't mind hiking with a pulaski if that kind of work is needed. How many mile are we covering?

·
Rocks Rock
943 Posts
I plan to be there. Will be driving the Tahoe with room for two or three bikes and people. My Dad can drive the shuttle. He doesn't ride bikes but he is really good at supervising and drinking Miller Lite.

Attachments

·
dirt enthusiast
182 Posts
yep. surly and i will be there, no dogs though. did you still want me to drive you to the dirt?! that would be our shuttle/bike info for ya!

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Al.
We (Jen and I) are still planning on working that weekend.
I can bring the chainsaw up now that I got it sharpened.
I can probably bring one other person and fit two bikes in the bed of the pickup and two on the bike rack.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
U are still driving...unless I get another girl to join. hehehe.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4 vehicles for a shuttle. 8 people and 4 Vizslas so far.

I invited the staff from BOB trailers. I have yet to hear from them.

·
Registered
970 Posts
is the work day for 10/22 still on?

weather looks good. might be a little chilly, but that'll be alright.

what's the head count, and who's drivin'?

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Still on. We have 5 trucks, which will be plenty to shuttle everone. My Vizsla are not coming. We need the room in the truck. Bruning loppers, and hand saws if you have them. Also bring mountain money (aka TP), food, and water. And thanks everyone for helping out. My only reward for you is showing you Daggett...and maybe a pizza or two at Guido's afterwards.

Attendees (9) that are expected:
georgezilla (driving my truck)
Surly
Garnet (truck)
Ryman (truck)
Dmeek (truck)
Impdude (truck)
TwistedCrank
Ollie
Neal

1 - 20 of 39 Posts