Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Has anyone actually used these tubes? I'm interested in how puncture resistant they are.
Kes

·
Maromero
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does the Garbaruk shift? I think you're the first person I've seen get a 10sp.
Still don't know, I was going to change cassette, chain and chainring when noticed all the bushings of my Flux were toasted, don't have the replacement here, so I'm hoping they will be here soon thanks to Bobby at Turner

·
Illuminati
1,729 Posts
I'm using 11 speed shimano with stock medium cage on sunrace 11-50 cassette & it shifts fine. chain length is as critical as b-tension, but it wasnt difficult to set up. I'd love the 1/2lb saving on a gabaruk cassette, just have trouble spending that much on a consumable part

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I should have specified I'm using a 10-speed XT which wasn't originally designed for the extended range cassettes, which is the reason for inquiring.

·
Maromero
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies. I should have specified I'm using a 10-speed XT which wasn't originally designed for the extended range cassettes, which is the reason for inquiring.
I'm using an XTR RD medium cage, the cassette included a derraileur cage, which was the same lenght as the one I have, so, I kept the original.

·
Registered
505 Posts
AFAIK the replacement cage is for changing the position of the top jockey wheel,not the length of it

·
Maromero
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, after a while I'm able to give first impressions of the performance, no problem with backward pedaling in any cog (I used a longer B tension bolt) most shifts are smooth, but...going from 20 to 17 is difficult, must go down to 15 and then back to 17, I'll try to fine tune it. Used the same medium xtr cage, same top jockey position.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a defective cassette, the wheel on my Cannondale F-Si Team does not spin, the cassette does not leave a gap. Put it on the Cube, also the wheel does not spin. Defective cassette, the manufacturer only offered a discount, refused to replace, saying that they did not produce such cassettes)))

The caliper is aligned on the Garbaruk cassette, a gap of a couple of mm is visible. compared to cartridge E * 13 9-46 and that the width of the cartridge captures the entire length of the drum together with the nut.
Sorry for my English, translated through a translator on the Internet.

The cassette is just junk

·
Illuminati
1,729 Posts
I bought a defective cassette, the wheel on my Cannondale F-Si Team does not spin, the cassette does not leave a gap. Put it on the Cube, also the wheel does not spin. Defective cassette, the manufacturer only offered a discount, refused to replace, saying that they did not produce such cassettes)))

The caliper is aligned on the Garbaruk cassette, a gap of a couple of mm is visible. compared to cartridge E * 13 9-46 and that the width of the cartridge captures the entire length of the drum together with the nut.
Sorry for my English, translated through a translator on the Internet.

The cassette is just junk
i'm not surprised 11 or 12 speed cassette has clearance issues on 135mm quick release. i'll give you $50 for the cassette if its 11 speed. DM me :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
The cassette isn't defective, but the design doesn't seem to be compatible with QR 135mm because of the protruding lockring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts