Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 404 Posts

·
Rocks belong
5,346 Posts
The 10-48 XD cassette has caught my eye. Wonder how it would get along with Shimano M8000 GS rear derailluer?

I'm sure their 10-46XD cassette would work just fine... 10-48 would be awesome with a 32T front on a heavy, long travel 29er.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Selling - I have a Garbaruk 10-48, XD, black with their derailleur cage. Only 30 miles. Ordered it a while ago, but arrived last week. Needless to say excellent condition. Also have XX1 chain with 15 miles. Works excellent, but am going to 50t now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
This is how the 11/50 cassette shifts, with a standard Sram GX1 derailleur.

I will post another video with the new 10/50 soon.
Wow, so if I am reading the comments right the GX 11 speed derailleur works just fine without their extender?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I asked them about this and they said the new cage just works better.

Copy that. Reading Tskubi's responses in the YouTube comments he seems to be running the stock cage. I may try that route first since I already have a GX derailleur.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I still think the best combo of perfect shifting is Sram XG-1195 X01 11 cassette with Shimano XTR shifter and XTR Derailure. You get 2 years out of this cassette, and shifting is so smooth!! 1x11 all the way!

·
Formerly of Kent
12,847 Posts
10-48T, sram xd with RD cage, 20 miles maybe, perfect, $250. New was 287 plus shipping. Let me know who wants it.

I'll trade you a set of NIB Giro Empire VR90, Blue, size 41.

My wife has forbidden bike purchases without her approval. But not trades.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I was about to order the Shimano hub version of the 11-50 this morning. Out of curiosity I just googled 11-50 cassette only to see Sunrace makes one as well. While it is heavier, it is also half the price AND comes with a derailleur link. Although they claim med and long cages will work on the cassette and the link is only needed for short cages, I'll still have it to test if the shifting feels clunky.

Best case, I just saved 150$. Worst case, I will hate it and buy the Garbaruk anyways. I have enjoyed my Sunrace 11-46 so I have to believe this one will perform similarly.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The 50t on the Sunrace is a little flexy. So I only sit and spin in that gear. It's not a bad. I used a goat link with a Medium cage. Shifts better than without. Hoping the Garburk shift's better.
Finally got mine mounted up and pedaled around the yard. Shifting seems super smooth with stock GX derailer. Going for a good ride tomorrow to for a good shakedown test.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
The 10-48 XD cassette has caught my eye. Wonder how it would get along with Shimano M8000 GS rear derailluer?

I'm sure their 10-46XD cassette would work just fine... 10-48 would be awesome with a 32T front on a heavy, long travel 29er.
Just installed the Garbaruk 1048 XD cassette with XTR MD-9000 (GS medium cage). Works with no problem, the B screw just a bit more in, and adjusting the top stop a bit. Exactly 315 grams. I ordered the Garbaruk Cage mod at the same time (it is an extra $20 or so) just to be on the safe side ... I guess it might be on sale now!
Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Spoke

21 - 40 of 404 Posts