Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there running the Gamut bash guard with the Truvative Stylo's. Was this a good fit, or did you need to grind down the Gamut to make it fit flush?

Is there a better bash or fit that would give me no problems, if these in this combo is in fact going to cause a problem.

Anyone have this exact set up on a Heckler?

My only other choices would be the FSA or the RaceFace..I dont want the others available.

Pics?

Thanks

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
The Gamut bashrings are notorious for cracking. One of my co-workers uses his for general XC use and its already developed several cracks. Greg Minaar ran two gamut bashrings for the 08' world championships for this reason. The E13 bashrings hold up much better (I've cracked crank spyders, but never an E13 ring, and I've used the same one all of my downhill bikes since 05'!), and they're still available in neat colors :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your the first person thats ever said the Gamuts crack. I'll have to do more searching I guess.

But that is a lovely ass in your avatar.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
they only crack if you over tighten the bolts. The new design is even better. Been running a gamut and stylos on multiple bikes for over 2 years with multiple hits, and no breakage. No clearance issues either.

·
Not smart enough to shift
452 Posts
I'm running a Gamut P20 on my Heckler as well. I have hit the bash on many a rock, and no cracks. It is mounted on a set of Stylo cranks as well.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
genrec said:
Your the first person thats ever said the Gamuts crack. I'll have to do more searching I guess.

But that is a lovely ass in your avatar.
Yes, that ass is nice. Can't we get a full sized one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts