Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there running the Gamut bash guard with the Truvative Stylo's. Was this a good fit, or did you need to grind down the Gamut to make it fit flush?

Is there a better bash or fit that would give me no problems, if these in this combo is in fact going to cause a problem.

Aanyone have this exact set up on a Heckler?

My only other choices would be the FSA or the RaceFace..I dont want the others available.

Pics?

Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have a gamut bash on my stylo's. No problems. The bash is strong. I've beat the thing on rocks and trees, and it shows wear but no cracks or breaks after two years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pspwesty said:
I have a gamut bash on my stylo's. No problems. The bash is strong. I've beat the thing on rocks and trees, and it shows wear but no cracks or breaks after two years.
Did you have to grind down the inner part of the Gamut to get the crank to fit, I was told at the shop I might have to, Im trying to aoid that if possible.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Which version/year is your heckler? My 06 does not really have a problem with any guide that I have fit. My e.13 srs worked perfectly on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heckler.. new bought 08...it is not a heckler problem, it is a crank issue depending on how it arcs..if it doen'st arc enough from the center it maybe hit the bash guard and need to be grind down to clear the crank..so ive been told. I see this as a integrity issue and would like to avoid it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts