Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MOBtown
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, some of you might remember my thread the other day with pics of the straitline levers. Well, in the thread I menitoned that I was waiting to see if GAMUT was going to release a 36 tooth specific chainguide before I decided what do do with the front ring/guide situation. That thread was on a Thursday.......fast foward to Monday.......and wa la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I present to you the GAMUT P30. A 36 tooth specific chainguide with the 3/8th inch bashguard. In white, of course!!! Feel free to drool:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
yo man your bike is preety much tha best of tha best in everything! Light ass style......

·
MOBtown
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, the white paint is on the backside of the bashguard and 3/8th of an inch of clear polycarbonate sits over the coloring.

·
Registered
112 Posts
They are very sweet

It's hard to drop a chain w/ one of these. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the small lower screw on the top guide. Mine fell off somewhere and I kept loosing my chain. I've got a different screw in there now, but it doesen't really fit right. Might be a good idea to put some lock tight on that bad boy.

But it Deffinately ROCKS

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is that dog $hit on your pedal?

mx_599
It's not on their site. Did you notice that the guide itself is not on their site either? He had a bit of luck.

BTW that bike is every bit as sick as it looks.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
I've been running Gamut's for about a year now, all P20's so far. It all started when I had some trouble fitting an E-13 to my Nicolia Helius. I've come to really like the Gamut. Because of the very simple boomerang they use, it's very easy to set up. Also, they're extremely light. I had a freak crash the messed up my bashguard pretty good last summer right beforme my trip to Whistler. The guys over at Gamut had a new guard to me in a couple days, great CS! I have these on 3 of my bikes now. No chain drop issues what-so-ever. Really a great design.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
mx_599 said:
i only see red and blue on their site. where did you find white? what other colors do they have that are not on their web site?
I believe that they have white, red, blue, and black.

·
Registered
214 Posts
yo guys, on your gamuts, the top guide, does it come over so the chain cant jump off the inside? ive spaced the botton out so it cant jump there, but not sure if i need to do the top to? anyone have any pics lookin down the chainline? thanks

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
ScottJensen said:
ok then, how do i space the top guide out ( away from the frame) to do this?
excellent question !

i recall that i did have to go to ACE hardware and buy 3 longer fasteners. i also bought washers.

i believe i had to stack about 3 or 4 washers per fastener of the boomerang mount. i think the white plastic upper guide is approx. 3-4mm away from chain...close enough the chain cannot hop off at any rate.

so basically i shifted the whole boomerang away from frame with 4 washers per fastener...so between the boomerang and frame.

makes sense...right?

you might have to readjust the bottom roller again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts